1. Yap F, et al. Growth assessment and monitoring during childhood. Ann Acad Med Singap. 2018;47:149-55.
2. Polidori N, et al. Deciphering short stature in children. Ann Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2020;25:69-79.
3. Rogol AD, et al. Growth and pubertal development in children and adolescents: effects of diet and physical activity. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000;72(suppl):521S-8S.
4. Khadilkar V, et al. Growth charts: A diagnostic tool. Indian J Endocr Metab. 2011;15:166-71.
5. Haymond M, et al. Early recognition of growth abnormalities permitting early intervention. Acta Paediatr. 2013;102:787-96.
6. Perkins JM, et al. Adult height, nutrition, and population health. Nutr Rev. 2016;74:149-65.
7. Rogol AD, et al. Etiologies and early diagnosis of short stature and growth failure in children and adolescents. J Pediatr. 2014;164:S1-S14.
8. Vilcins D, et al. Environmental risk factors associated with child stunting: a systematic review of the literature. Ann Glob Health. 2018;84:551-62.
9. Stanhope R, et al. Failure to grow: lack of food or lack of love? Prof Care Mother Child. 1994;4:234-7.
10. Rogol AD. Emotional deprivation in children: growth faltering and reversible hypopituitarism. Front Endocrinol. 2020;11:596144.
11. Matfin G, et al. Chapter 42: Disorders of endocrine control of growth and metabolism. In Porth CM (editor). Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States, 7th ed. Philadelphia; Lippincott Williams & Wilkins: 2005.
12. Lui JC, et al. Cartilage-targeted IGF-1 treatment to promote longitudinal bone growth. Molecular Ther. 2019;27:673-80.
13. Barstow C, et al. Evaluation of short and tall stature in children. Am Fam Physician. 2015;92:43- 50.
14. Reh CS, et al. Somatotropin in the treatment of growth hormone deficiency and Turner syndrome in pediatric patients: a review. Clin Pharmacol. 2010;2:111-22.
15. NICE. Human growth hormone (somatropin) for the treatment of growth failure in children. Technology appraisal guidance. Published 26 May 2010. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta188. Accessed 29 July 2020.
16. Growth Hormone Research Society. Consensus guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of growth hormone (GH) deficiency in childhood and adolescence: summary statement of the GH Research Society. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:3990-3.
17. Hatfield NT. Introductory Maternal & Pediatric Nursing. 3rd edition. USA: Wolters Kluwer Health; 2014.
18. Barzilai R, et al. Small for gestational age: the familial perspective. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020;1-5.
19. Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The investigation and management of the small– for–gestational–age fetus. Green-top guideline no. 31. 2nd edition. February 2013. Minor revisions January 2014. Available at: https://www.rcog.org.uk/media/t3lmjhnl/gtg_31.pdf. Accessed 29 July 2022.
20. Clayton PE, et al. Management of the child born small for gestational age through to adulthood: a consensus statement of the International Societies of Pediatric Endocrinology and the Growth Hormone Research Society. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:804-10.
21. Tan KBL, et al. Pattern of Turner syndrome in Singapore (1999-2004). Singapore Med J. 2009;50:587.
22. Thayalan K, et al. Turner syndrome – The clinical spectrum and management dilemmas. Australas J Ultrasound Med. 2018;21:219-26.
23. Morgan T. Turner syndrome: diagnosis and management. Am Fam Physician. 2007;76(3):405- 410.
24. McCandless S, et al. Clinical report – health supervision for children with Prader-Willi syndrome. Pediatrics. 2011;127:195-204.
25. Butler MG, et al. Prader-Willi syndrome - clinical genetics, diagnosis and treatment approaches: an update. Curr Pediatr Rev. 2019;15:207-44.
26. Cassidy SB, et al. Prader Willi syndrome. Genet Med. 2012:14:10-26.
27. Agency for Care Effectiveness. Somatropin for the treatment of growth failure in children. Updated 3 May 2017. Available at: https://www.ace-hta.gov.sg/healthcare-professionals/ace technology-guidances/details/somatropin-for-the-treatment-of-growth-failure-in-children. Accessed 25 July 2022.
28. Chatelain P, et al. Growth hormone therapy for short children born small for gestational age. Horm Res. 2007;68:300-9.
29. Health Sciences Authority. Register of therapeutic products. Available at: www.hsa.gov.sg. Accessed 29 July 2022.
30. George B, et al. Shared decision making and patient choice for growth hormone therapy: current perspectives. Res Rep Endocr Disord. 2016:6.
31. Tanaka T, et al. Patient preferences for growth hormone treatment in Japanese children. Pediatr Int. 2021;63:1185-91.
32. Rohrer TR, et al. Growth hormone delivery devices: current features and potential for enhanced treatment adherence. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2017;14:1253-64.
33. MIMS. SciTropin A. Consumer Medicine Information. December 2020. Available at: https://www.nps.org.au/assets/medicines/83d30dcb-1f14-4d49-836b-a53300ff22d1.pdf. Accessed 29 July 2022.
34. Press Release. SciGen receives approval from Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods, for Nemera’s reusable pen injector, for its human growth hormone. 17 March 2022. Available at: https://www.nemera.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/SciGen_Nemera_press-release_march 2022-1.pdf. Accessed 29 July 2022.
35. Basri H, et al. Dietary diversity, dietary patterns and dietary intake are associated with stunted children in Jeneponto District, Indonesia. Gaceta Sanitaria. 2021;35:S483-86.
36. Health Promotion Board. My Healthy Plate. Available at: https://www.healthhub.sg/programmes/55/my-healthy-plate. Last updated 4 May 2021.
37. Saaresranta T, et al. Sleep-disordered breathing and hormones. Eur Respir J 2003; 22: 161-72.
38. Zhou Y, et al. Sleep duration and growth outcomes across the first two years of life in the GUSTO study. Sleep Medicine. 2015;16:1281-6.
39. Kim TW, et al. The impact of sleep and circadian disturbance on hormones and metabolism. Int J Endocrinol. 2015;2015:591729.
40. Health Promotion Board. Singapore physical activity guidelines (SPAG). Revised edition 2022. Available at: https://www.healthhub.sg/sites/assets/Assets/Programs/pa lit/pdfs/Singapore_Physical_Activity_Guidelines.pdf. Accessed 30 July 2022.
41. Wideman L, et al. Growth hormone release during acute and chronic aerobic and resistance exercise: recent findings. Sports Med. 2002;32:987-1004.
42. WHO guidelines on physical activity and sedentary behaviour. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2020. Available at: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240015128. Accessed 31 July 2022.
43. Ministry of Health Singapore. Subsidies for services and drugs at public healthcare settings. Updated 12 July 2021. Available at: https://www.moh.gov.sg/cost-financing/healthcare schemes-subsidies/subsidies-for-services-and-drugs-at-public-healthcare-settings. Accessed 25 July 2022.
44. Ministry of Health Singapore. Drug subsidies and schemes. Updated 22 July 2022. Available at: https://www.moh.gov.sg/cost-financing/healthcare-schemes-subsidies/drug-subsidies schemes. Accessed 25 July 2022.
45. Krysiak R, et al. Growth hormone therapy in children and adults. Pharmacol Rep. 2007;59:500- 16.
46. Chhiba PD, et al. Lipoatrophy associate with daily growth hormone injections. Endocrinol Diabetes Metab Case Rep. 2021;2021:21-0087.
47. Frindik JP, et al. Managing idiopathic short stature: role of somatropin (rDNA origin) for injection. Biologics. 2010;4:147-55.
48. Loke KY. Making $ense of growth hormone therapy for normal short children. Ann Acad Med Singap. 2005;34:657-3.
49. Cazares-Delgadillo J, et al. Human growth hormone: new delivery systems, alternative routes of administration, and their pharmacological relevance. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2011;78:278-88.
50. Ghasemi R, et al. mPEG-PLA and PLA-PEG-PLA nanoparticles as new carriers for delivery of recombinant human Growth Hormone (rhGH). Sci Rep. 2018;8:9854.
51. Main KM, et al. Automatic needle insertion diminishes pain during growth hormone injection. Acta Paediatr. 1995;84:331-4.
52. Dumas H, et al. Understanding and meeting the needs of those using growth hormone injection devices. BMC Endocrine Disorders. 2006;6:5.
53. St Clair-Jones A, et al. Understanding and minimising injection-site pain following subcutaneous administration of biologics: a narrative review. Rheumatol Ther. 2020;7:741-57.
54. Birnie KA, et al. Psychological interventions for needle-related procedural pain and distress in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018;2018:CD005179.
55. Wit JM, et al. Achieving optimal short- and long-term responses to paediatric growth hormone therapy. J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol. 2019;11:329-40.